So, it's that time of year again -- Halloween.
As my dad puts it, it's the only time of year that women can walk around wearing barely anything and not get looked down upon for it.
(of course I'm using slightly more respectful language)
I love Halloween -- I love the kids in their costumes, I love passing out candy, I love having out with friends that look awesome, I love horror movies, and I love DRESSING UP!
I love Halloween -- I love the kids in their costumes, I love passing out candy, I love having out with friends that look awesome, I love horror movies, and I love DRESSING UP!
I'm one that loves DIY Halloween costumes, but over the past couple of years I've been pretty lazy.
Last year I was a cowgirl. I had a plaid shirt, daisy dukes, and a cowboy hat.
The year before I was a vampire.
I didn't feel like putting anything creative together, so I went to a dreaded store and spent way too much money on a generic "sexy vampire" costume.
I was 20. It was acceptable.
No matter the occasion, I always find a reason to dress up because I love it.
Here, I did a burlesque show with a friend of mine at an awesome event.
Here, we had an event that was 50's themed. That's my girl Lisa looking jazzy and beautiful as always.
I didn't feel like putting anything creative together, so I went to a dreaded store and spent way too much money on a generic "sexy vampire" costume.
I was 20. It was acceptable.
No matter the occasion, I always find a reason to dress up because I love it.
Here, I did a burlesque show with a friend of mine at an awesome event.
Here, we had an event that was 50's themed. That's my girl Lisa looking jazzy and beautiful as always.
This year, I'm in the "sew it yourself" kind of mood for Halloween and I'm looking around for ideas. I have a ton of fabric that I picked up from my awesome neighbor across the street as well as some old outfits and donated material.
I want to be creative this year. I want to make a costume where people will know what I am, but also something that isn't something that could be duplicated.
I saw some really awesome ideas:
Lady Gaga
Traditional Pin-Up Girl
Sugar Skull
Taco Bell Sauces
Super Heros
GameBoy Controller
Cool stuff, right? So many ideas!!
I would love some ideas from you guys, if you'd be so generous as to contribute!
Hope you all had an awesome weekend!
xoxo











Well I liked your comment on imbeciles in Detroit on Twitter. When I first moved to Detroit in 1988 Second Ave did not look like it does now. I always wondered how Mario's could survive, yet it is still going. I'm still strong on the city. When I first saw Brightmore it was in in 1986 and we went down there for some....I did not like it then much and I'm not sure I like it better now. but friends did buy a lot there recently. At any rate I just wanted to comment...
ReplyDelete